Friday, February 17, 2012

Maria Week 4 Day 5

Went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 3am had terrible insomnia, stayed in bed until 7am- didn't do the5:30am WOD as planned- I was exhausted plus I can barely lift my arms because my shoulders and biceps are so sore from the past couple of WODS.  Plus I knew I had to teach a class today.

7:35am
1 oz salmon
1 C raw Kale
fish oil (2g)
1/2 C strawberries

8:30- taught 55 min kickboxing/weight intervals- intense.  Handstand holds and presses as far down as I could go (still just a few inches, but SUCH progress from where I started!)

11:10am
1 sheet nigori sea vegetable (basically seaweed they use to wrap sushi- pretty good)
3 oz chicken breast
1 C mixed cooked peppers, onions, asparagus, summer squash

3:45pm
1 C homemade veggie soup
3 oz cooked ground buffalo
1 C spaghetti squash
2 TBSP mild green chiles

6:30pm
6 oz chicken breast
1 sheet nigori sea vegetable
2 C cooked okra

8:00pm
3 oz flounder
2 C cooked cabbage, brussels sprouts, onion

unmeasured raw almond butter- too much!  Picked on some chicken breast while cleaning the kitchen
Herbal Tea with Stevia

I need to weigh myself on Jay's scale but I am so anxious about it.   Dr. Jaime wants me to force myself to get on the scale and I know that I need to.  It keeps me grounded in reality and makes me accountable.  When I look in the mirror I THINK I see a difference and my clothes fit better for sure.  I am just so grateful for this assessment, you guys are awesome and are helping to keep me strong!

I go through these bouts with insomnia from time to time, not sure what to do about it.  I need to get to bed earlier, I am not sure how to do that either.  I am home alone with the kids at night and there is a lot to do with them.  By the time they go to bed, and I check my e-mails, blog, maybe read a little, it is 10 or 11pm.  Too late when I have to get up at 4:45am to workout...

Despite that, I feel great, totally in the zone and feeling strong with no cravings!

2 comments:

  1. Yup I need to try to get to bed early as well. Even if I just lay there and not sleeping at least my body is resting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day at a time! you know what needs to be done-- just do it!your doing great so far!!

    ReplyDelete