Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 22...it could always be worse!

So I spoke with Dr. Jaime last night and it was not a good conversation at all. Her exact words were "you have the highest cholesterol I've ever seen". So that didn't make me feel good. Then she went on to tell me some other cholesterol is double the normal...geez! Then the real bad news...I have super high allergy to cow's milk, egg whites and yogurt. Moderate to high allergy to mozzarella and swiss cheese, peanuts and peanut butter, whey protein, wheat and gluten and a few others things, oh and oranges...moderately allergic. What a f**king disaster! I have another conference call with her tonight to straighten out the diet and absolutely cut all that shit out for the next 6 weeks...but man what a bummer! We both agree that the eggs probably are a huge factor in the high cholesterol along with all the TJs bacon. So no more eggs or bacon for breakfast...damn. I will post more on this later including all my results and analysis from the tests so everyone can see what's up. All these years I've been eating this stuff and it's probably killing me slowly but surely. I'm so glad I'm doing this assessment...it probably saved my life!

WOD consisted of 30 minutes of hardcore stretching...my lower back still pretty sore and tight. Once loosened up (sort of) I did some light jump rope...a couple double unders then jumped on the Aerodyn for 20 minutes NFC, then a 2K row NFT. Just needed to get the body in motion and get the blood flowing cause I'm positive tomorrow's WODs are going to be demanding.

Breakfast: leftover beef stew meat with onion/pepper/mushroom medley and a couple roasted potato wedges with a serving of asparagus.
Snack 1: 1/2 avocado
Lunch 1: 1 serving TJs chicken serenada, 1 serving broccoli
Snack 2: 1 serving raw almonds
Lunch 2: baby spinach salad, cucumber, orange bell pepper, minced onion w/sautéed chicken tenderloins balsamic vinegar 1/2 avocado
Snack 3: 1/2 orange bell pepper
Dinner 1: 1 serving TJs chicken serenada, 1 serving broccoli
Snack 4: Some almond butter on pretzel chips
Dinner 2: Ground beef w/sauteed garlic and red onion, diced mini tomatos, sliced black olives over chopped summer squash...gotta be my favorite paleo dish

7 comments:

  1. Great thing is you found the issue before anything bad happened. This assessment in turning out to be great in so many areas. Nice job this weekend by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No eggs or bacon?! Man. You can totally do it though, you're an incredibly motivated person! Very admirable :-) Good luck with the change in diet, its definitely a good thing you found out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be fine...but thanks for the kind words you two. I'm actually happy I found this out. Maybe now with this change in diet I won't look like a bloated meathead anymore...ha! So thankful I found all this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This assessment is showing many of us things we didn't know to improve our health! So grateful you found out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you find out? Just through your blood work, or with an allergy test?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morgan I took both a lipids test and allergen test.

    ReplyDelete
  7. change is good-- imagine how much better you will feel and more imoportantly how much healthier you will beon the inside!!

    ReplyDelete