Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 24

Felt ok today.  Had my first real gymnastics practice this morning and it was pretty difficult.  Still didn't get any muscle ups but learned a lot and definitely moved forward today.  Bought a bunch of fish cause that will be a majority of my protein intake for the next 6 weeks says the Dr.  When did cod fish and tilapia become such a commodity?  I'm gonna try to get to sleep early tonight.  Another matter Jason and I discussed today was my sleeping habits and they need to get better. I did buy a new mattress and it is helping but I'm still having the problem with shutting my brain off at bedtime.  The gears just keep spinning.

WOD am:  gymnastics practice (all muscle up work and a few at the bar) I have alot of respect now for how hard gymnasts work and practice.  So difficult for me!
WODpm: 250M Row
                15 KB swings #70
                25 burpees
                15 KB swings #70
                250M Row  (all out 100% AFAP)
                4:07 This was the toughest WOD I've done in a while or maybe even the toughest ever (for me anyway).  I went unbroken and when I got back on the rower at the end I literally was seeing triple, I couldn't breath but my body was just on autopilot.  The programming is doing exactly what its supposed too!  I was done after this, it took me like 15 minutes to catch my breath.  I did try to do some handstand walks or holds but I was just too beat.

Breakfast: 3 chicken tenderloins w/1 serving of Brussels spouts
Snack 1: Some beef jerky
Lunch 1: Baby spinach salad w/chicken tenderloin blah blah blah
Snack 2: Some almond butter
Lunch 2: Ground beef with stuff over chopped summer squash
Snack 3: Some various nuts but certainly not peanuts
Dinner 1: 1/2 lb cod fish w/chopped summer squash and broccoli

3 comments:

  1. I have been taking a homeopathic remedy as a sleep aide. Pretty sure Dr. Jamie doesn't practice much homeopathy, but pretty sure she told me she has a great homeopath her office. I take Energetix- "Relax-tone". My Chiropractic sister n law has pushed me to take this stuff forever. Last month I said well its assessment time I am open to it all now! So far so good really has helped so far I can def feel the diff when I don't take it. Talk to Dr. Jamie about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try journaling before bed, just write down everything going through your head, writing forces your brain to slow down and think things through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journaling is great. Sometimes what helps put me to sleep is reading a book. You get lost in the book instead of your own head and after a few pages I can barely keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete