Sunday, February 26, 2012

One week, no Diet Coke!

Happy Sunday! That's right. One week without Diet Coke! It isn't the longest I've ever gone but, it is the longest I've gone in a long time! I can't say that I'm totally over it. It is still a struggle. I would have loved to have an ice cold, fizzy Diet Coke last night while watching a movie, but I didn't! And I havent had any other sugar. Despite everyone was eating one of my favorite snacks, popcorn and M&Ms. (if you haven't had it, on a cheat or when you go to the movies, you should!). This weekend was a turning point for me. Like I said yesterday on FB, I have now finally realized that maybe I can actually be the strong, slim, althete that I want to be and a good role model for my kids. This is a turning point for me. Eating, I didn't eat that much this weekend. My husband is traveling all next week so I actually bought cross cuisines for both lunch and dinner so I don't have any excuses. Today I had a protein shake after WOD, 3 ham and mustard roll ups with almonds and then for dinner, literally just meat sauce because I made everyone spaghetti but they didn't have any spaghetti squash so I ate the sauce while everyone else ate the noodles. Oh well. WOD 15 min AMRAP 5 OHS 10 DU 5 Front squats 10 DU 5 squat cleans 10 DU I only used 35#. I felt really weak and tight. 35# is pathetic. Squats are my favorite...that's where I need it the most too! But usually I can excel there. Not today. and I kept tripping over the jump rope just doing singles! Not sure what is wrong. This is the first week in a long time where I've done a WOD 5 days. My muscles are really sore. I came in early to stretch but that didn't help. Since Stan is traveling this week, I may be able to sneak in to do tomorrows WOD at noon, since I have to pick up my cross cuisines but, the rest of the week I'll have to figure out something to do at home. I can't give up this pace. You guys all did so great this weekend! Obliterated 12.1! Here's to a great week!

4 comments:

  1. YAY AMANDA WHOOT WHOOT!!! (my hands are pushing the ceiling)
    You have to eat more or you are going to set yourself up for a sugar fest. Trust me I know. I love the new attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I know....my goal is to eat 4 times a day. So I've a
      Ready packed a salad and a snack for tomorrow and I'll have my cross cuisines so I should be off to a good start.

      Delete
  2. Awesome job staying on track!! One week down, the rest of them will be a breeze, keep it up! We are all rootin for ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job!!! definatley rooting dfor you!

    ReplyDelete