Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Maria Week 2 Day 2 BIG WEIGH IN

The day that Jay weighed me initially, I know I was retaining a lot of fluid, that being said I weighed myself on his scale this morning and I am 10 pounds down!  I couldn't believe it.  30 more to go...

Went to bed around 11pm and woke up at 4:45am- not sleeping enough.

Pre WOD 5am
1 oz steamed calamari
1/4 grapefruit
2 almonds
1 1/4 tsp fish oil (2g)

9am- starving
2 oz pork chop
3/4 c cooked asparagus

12:30pm- hungry but not starving
3 oz turkey breast
1C roasted brussels sprouts, cabbage, and onion
1 tsp olive oil

3:15pm- hungry
3 oz salmon
1 C cooked broccoli

5:45pm- a little hungry
2 oz pork chop
2 artichoke hearts

7:30pm- not really hungry but I know I need more food
unmeasured lean ground turkey and lean turkey sausage (~4 oz)

Stress level low today

WOD- yes I did, and let me tell you I felt awful.  TOTALLY SUCKING WIND, I mean I doubted that I could even finish and that was with breaks in between sets.  AND I was modifying because of my hamstring- HH cleans instead of squat cleans, and burpees instead of thrusters.  I hope it is just my body getting used to this meal plan.  I also have not been sleeping enough.  Jay says there is a difference between eating for aesthetics and eating for performance, but then why are there so many women at the gym who look amazing AND are incredible athletes?

3 comments:

  1. Maria, I've been watching your food. You must be cooking all night long! What is your preparation secret? And I can't believe you can eat calamari before a WOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and congrats on the weight loss!!!! Yippee. that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss!! Your food is pretty awesome, meat with every meal...I love it! I need to put more effort into mine

    ReplyDelete