Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day Two- Success!

1/24/12
Went to bed too late, hit snooze at 4:40am and missed the WOD today.  If I don't get to the 5:30am class I don't get to go, it is my only option on most days.  SO today was a rest day for me.  I did my fasting blood work so I did not eat until LATE.
9:55am: 3 oz steamed calamari
            Cooked spinach
            1 tsp fish oil
1:25pm: 3 oz chicken breast
             Cabbage, turnips, spinach and onions-cooked
             1 tsp fish oil
             lemon juice
4:00pm:1 oz salmon
            cucumber
            1/4 tsp olive oil
7:20pm: 3 oz tilapia
            cabbage, turnips, onions-cooked
            1 tsp olive oil
8:00pm: 1 oz salmon
             2 oz turkey breast
             1C broccoli
             2 almonds
9:10pm: 1 C green tea with stevia

Drank water with every meal
Slept 11pm- 6:30am- broken since I hit the snooze button....
REST DAY

I felt really good today, not hungry and in control.  I didn't pick on extra food- MAJOR thing for me.  I am just confused, my calories seem low, and my carbs were REALLY low.  Protein and fat were good.  Dr. Jaime told me not to count the carbs in my vegetables, and I am trying to stay away from fruit.  I am not eating any grains, so how do I get the carbs in?  Advice anyone?

2 comments:

  1. You may be putting too much emphasis on carbs. If you feel good, aren't hungry, and don't feel tired, you may be getting enough. Your body really doesn't need many carbs to function.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more concerned about going OVER on the carbs- I have been stuffing myself with vegetables!

      Delete