Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 6

Feeling a lot better today. I think yesterday's WOD snapped me back into reality. I'm leaving for Long Island tonight after work cause I have another strength training session with my coach tomorrow at 9am. I'm pumped cause these workouts are just straight up brute force strength sessions. Hopefully I've maintained my strength even though I was sick all week. No WOD today though I may hit the rower when I get to LI tonight for 30 minutes. Breakfast: 3 eggs/2 yolks with traders joes bacon and baby Bella mushrooms, 1 black coffee, 2 waters Snack 1: 1/2 yellow bell pepper Lunch 1: baby spinach salad with yellow bell peppers/red onion/cucumber with 3 chicken tenderloins w/ balsamic Snack 2: 1/2 avocado with 3 slices deli turkey Lunch 2: baby spinach salad with yellow bell peppers/red onion/cucumber with 3 chicken tenderloins w/ balsamic Snack 3: 1/2 avocado with 1 serving of raw almonds Dinner: Tonight we preload for tomorrows session so I will easily consume 3-4 lbs of protein and veggies. We usually eat some whole brown rice but I can't eat that now so I brought a sweet potato...LOL! I love the anticipation of what's on the menu cause I don't find out till I get there. Could be a tray of pork chops, ny strips, 6 lbs of chicken...who knows! Stay strong everyone...just cause its the weekend doesn't mean you should throw away the diet!

6 comments:

  1. What deli turkey do you get? I've always been weary of lunch meat because I figure they pack so much crap into them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the Kirkland brand from Costco. It's still got a decent amount of sodium that's why I don't eat a significant amount of it. And you get like 3lbs for $8-9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cook a turkey! It's a lot of work, but I eat it all week...
    Thanks for the reminder to stick with this through our 1st weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a whole turkey...that's serious and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinner was amazing...ate about 4-5 lbs of good hard sustenance consisted of a tray of chicken delight and a tray of ground turkey dip. Preloaded like an animal!

    ReplyDelete