Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Silence after the Storm...

What can I say that hasn't been said before...

It's a mess. Bridgeport as a city is totally down. No power and its a mess. I don't expect power for at least a week or more. This experience is quite humbling. I never lived beyond my means. But this gets you down to brass tax with no electricity. It's only been a couple of days and it's challenging to say the least. We didn't have a lot of food in the fridge so that's a bonus. But once we get done with what we have that's it. We will have to get creative and get food day to day and cook it the same day.

I'm doing a lot of sketching, thinking and knitting. I don't particularly care for the thinking part but that's what happens when you don't have that white noise anymore, well at least for the time being.

I'm just happy everyone is safe right now. I'm still scared of the traffic situation with no lights. People tend to forget (or not care) that there are rules to follow even though you don't have a traffic lights.
On top of that we need to get our asses back home before dark. Yeah it sounds crazy but I will be the first to admit that should this blackout last too long it only makes the natives restless and bad things happen. Yes I was born and raised in Bridgeport and have lived through the worst period of Bpt from the mid 80's well into the early 90's. But I still no better to get my fat ass and family back home, lock the doors and keep your head on a swivel.
The mayor knew what he was doing when he called in the national guard. It's no fucking joke in the port if given the proper set up i.e. a blackout.

Anyway, with all of this thinking I've decided I give programming one more try. I admit that I haven't been giving it 100%. It had nothing to do with Jay. He is a programming genius to me. It has all to do with me, myself and I. Nothing more. I have to get my priorities straight if I plan to do this right! So with this final try I will give 100% and be what I KNOW I should be. Nothing more nothing less.

Yadi

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is going well with you and your loved ones! I believe you have power back now? Great news!!

    I think I am going to go for full blown programming as well...tired of being stuck in the same spot! good luck!

    ReplyDelete