Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Amanda M...Day 260

Sleep: passed the fuuuck out, 10:30-6:20

Food: clean clean clean. No cravings today, thank god. I don't think I'd be able to fight another day as well as I did yesterday

WOD:
8 min on the clock:
6 min row: 1420m...was shooting for 1500...close enough
Pushup-less burpees: didn't count, but not too many. I was dead from the row

2 min AD
2 min DU: switched back and forth between singles and doubles
x2

5 T2B
100m row
Didn't count the rounds, but did really well. Felt really strong, especially on the runs. Thank god! Haven't run all week and I have a 5k on Saturday. My knees didn't bother me so that's really good.

Really hoping to stay motivated even when this whole Lurong and YLA thing is over. I see people who have lost like 70lbs in a summer and here I am struggling for 2 years to lose the last 25-30lbs to get to my 'goal weight'. I really need to just fucking do it! I'm tired of fighting to lose, I just want to get to the point where I just have to maintain.

2 comments:

  1. If I could just give one piece of advice it would be that even though you may not be exactly where you want to be right now, you've come a long way, so really take the time to enjoy where you're at right now. Maintaining is actually the hard part. In the 15 years that have been my adult life I've gained and then lost so much weight, so many times, that I've probably literally lost "a ton of weight". Every time the weight was down I was always so focused on the last X number of pounds that I never stopped to enjoy that I had just lost a shit-ton of weight. Right now I think (and hope) that I have a clearer head and I'm enjoying where I am now, which is down quite a ways from where I was. According to some chart I'm sure I have a ways to go to get to a "normal" weight, but fuck that, the world could be over before that time ever comes so I'm going to live it up now.

    Next time you're sitting at the gym waiting for class, throw on the weight vest with however much you've lost and go out for a quick walk. I'll bet that by the time you get to the stop sign and back it would change the outlook a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey manda, manda!!
    Live it up girl. I know easier said than done. I lost about 70#'s about 3 almost 4 years back and I've fluctuated about 20#'s or so for the past 2 years. It's been hellish. But Anon is right, you kinda have to enjoy the moment. Enjoy what you got and what you've achieved physically. I always have to remind myself of that every single time I walk into the box espcially in the summer. Hey! I want to wear booty shorts too!! But guess what I have waaaaay too much ass even at my smallest.
    I will be the first to admit it when I'm around these slim, strong cut girls sometimes I don't feel pretty or feminine. I feel like a complete dork. But you know what that's ok. I love this dork.
    Don't pay attention to the last 20/30# of weight you want to loose and eventually it will come off.

    ReplyDelete