Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello my friends...Hello!

I still miss you all, that hasn't changed.  I suck at blogging...that still hasn't changed.  But just wanted to give a shout out to ya'll!  Today was a most excellent day.  My good friend Dan Leslie was back in town today (for those of you that don't know Dan moved to FL a few weeks ago) and I programmed a nice tester WOD for us to see our progress (well Jason did tweak the WOD a bit so I can't take full credit).  Dan is an amazing athlete and he's my bench mark.  With that said we killed the WOD and he did beat me, but I was pleased with my performance.  I made some errors in judgement which hurt my time, but in the end I'm glad we did this because I desperately needed the practice and practice is where you need to make your mistakes and learn from them.  And boy did I learn alot today.  I've gotten much better, feel better, faster and stronger.  The programming is sick.  I know I say it all the time but I truly mean it and completely believe in it.  I've been through some serious shit in my life, ups and downs, bad decisions that really hurt my bottom line...you name it, I've screwed it up.  But I feel now, what's happening right now at this moment was meant to be.  I'm not the best athlete, I don't have elite talent...but I will make the sacrifice and work harder then anyone else to get where I need to be.  I made some promises, not only to myself but to others, and I fully intend to keep those promises!!!  Here was today's WOD:

30 Front squats @ 225#
150 DUs
1000 meter row
For time: 9:55
+
800 meter cool down run ez pace

I had a convo. with Jason earlier last week and we decided I needed more carbs training at this capacity.  So now I get to have 250 complex carbs per day for the next 2 weeks.  My diet has faltered lately but I'm back on track today.  I was really eating like crap on Sundays and having  a cheat meal every day for like a week.  I clearly see the difference so I won't be doing that no more.

I want to quickly touch base on a common theme I've been seeing lately.  Self doubt, letting other people's thoughts/views/comments effect you.  There can be none of that!  Here's something to ponder...what we do is not for everyone.  You have to have a certain mentality, a certain thirst to work hard, a constant feeling to thrive and become the best that YOU can be.  People that talk negatively about CrossFit or speak ignorance are just that...IGNORANT.  Until they step foot in a box and leave their guts on the floor...they'll never understand it or get it.  Don't let them bring you down...WE'RE TO STRONG FOR THAT!  Believe in yourselves and you will achieve!  

2 comments:

  1. Great post, as always. Most of my friends are quite impressed that I do crossfit but every once in a while I read an article relating to CF and there are those people who think all CF athletes have horrible form and don't know what they're doing. Man, it pisses me off! I'd love to see them get in the box and try out a beginner class. Assholes!

    Good luck on everything! I am back on track this week as well...its only Tuesday and I'm already feeling better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post! I have no doubt you wil achieve all that you want to achieve!

    ReplyDelete