Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Amanda M...Day 223

Yesterday was the New Haven 5k and let me tell you...that was some experience.

Once I got there, I wasn't nervous or excited...I just wanted the damn thing over with. Before yesterday, the furthest I was able to run without stopping was a mile and a half and I just didnt want to be disappointed with myself.

Once the race started, I knew that I HAD to try running the whole thing. Chris had a pep-talk with me the night before about how my body is completely capable of running that distance with no problem and that it was all in my head. He was so right. Don't let him know I said that ;-)

I knew that once I got to mile 2, I would have absolutely no reason to take any stops. I wouldn't even stop for water. I didn't want any excuse to even slow down. At mile 2, I wanted to fucking speed up and get the damn thing over with but I kept my pace. Once I saw that finish line, I was overwhelmed with emotion lol Chris said it happened to him at his first 5k and I was like yeah whatever, I'll just be glad it was over. I was just so proud of myself for not listening to my usual negativity. I kept saying "my body is able, my body is able" over and over again in my head the whole race and it worked. I think it is going to be my new mantra...

Food was awful lol there was free bread, ice cream and hot dogs...who can say no to that? Not this girl, thats for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment